Home  •   Message Boards  •   Learning Resources  •   Members Only   •   FAQ  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Barrow, AlaskaCaribou Poker CreekLena River, SiberiaSvalbard, Norway Prince Patrick Island, Canada
Summit, Greenland
Toolik Lake | Models for the Arctic TundraPlant DiversityPollutantsSBI Project: Healy Icebreaker
 how clouds form View next topic
View previous topic
Mariko, Allison, and 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Clouds form when the sun heats up a body of water causing it to evaporate . After the water evaporates the water vapor floats upward until it collects on a dust paticle and condences back into water in a liquid form.

~Mariko and grade 5

By the way I got my braces on the 1st of June! Sad~Allison
Wink Smile Wink Smile Wink Smile Wink Smile MISS YOU!!!

Grade Five at the Salisbury Community School
Amy_Clapp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey you guys, you are right on about how clouds are formed. So now here is an interesting hypothesis that connects clouds to possible global warming. As we emit more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, through factories and cars and the such, there are more dust particles going into the atmosphere. If there are more dust partials in the atmosphere, there are more things for the water vapor to collect on--but if there are tons of particles for the water vapor to collect on, the clouds may not ever get heavy enough to rain. So some scientists predict that we could end up with a lot of clouds with water, but a thirsty planet that needs rain. Interesting idea, hugh?

I hope that your teeth are feeling okay Allison--I remember my braces days--the good thing is that I could always get my mom to make pudding for me and milkshakes!!

We love hearing from you guys!

Amy and Max

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic