Home  •   Message Boards  •   Learning Resources  •   Members Only   •   FAQ  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Barrow, AlaskaCaribou Poker CreekLena River, SiberiaSvalbard, Norway Prince Patrick Island, Canada
Summit, Greenland
Toolik Lake | Models for the Arctic TundraPlant DiversityPollutantsSBI Project: Healy Icebreaker
 Tell all View next topic
View previous topic
Melissa Flint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Amy,
I am anxious to hear all about your research. What are you finding? Have you run into any problems? What has been the best part? Is it cold? Don't forget to take pictures. I have to admit that I jealous that you will be done with your research so quickly. Last weekend when we met for our last class there were a few people who had not even started looking. You are lucky to get it going. I am sure you having a blast. When you get back in the states-give me a call.
Melissa
Amy_Clapp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Melissa, the research is going very well. Our research team is having a great time together and we are getting a lot done. So far, we have only been able to do water testing from the shore because the ice has just broken in the river. However, hopefully in the next day or two we will be able to go out on the boat and do the heavy duty water samples. Mostly, and especially when we collect from shore, we are just getting collecting samples that will be analyzed later at several different labs. I'll probably go down to Woods Hole this summer and help analyze some of the samples. Yes, it is good to get this research out of the way but I am having such a good time that I am sad that my trip is already more than halfway over.

I'll get in touch when I get home. I don't know how the Internet works at your school, but we'd love to hear from your students!

Amy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic