Home  •   Message Boards  •   Learning Resources  •   Members Only   •   FAQ  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Barrow, AlaskaCaribou Poker CreekLena River, SiberiaSvalbard, Norway Prince Patrick Island, Canada
Summit, Greenland
Toolik Lake | Models for the Arctic TundraPlant DiversityPollutantsSBI Project: Healy Icebreaker
 betty carvellas and healy View next topic
View previous topic
russell agne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

amy

what a wonderful opportunity you have. i know you miss your professional children in salisbury! i am working with betty carvellas on a summer science course for teachers at uvm. she wanted you to know that she was on the healy previously and will be again this summer. we are catching on how technology/communications can advance learning! best wishes, russell agne (UVM)
Amy_Clapp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Russell,
I'm glad that you and Betty have been able to follow along on this great expedition. I do miss my students at Salisbury but I have been able to keep in pretty good contact with them through this site, and have even been able to send lessons along so that they can experience in Vermont some of the same phenomenon I am experiencing here in Siberia. Yes, technology and communicatioins can really have positive affects on student learning. I hope to continue to learn and teach about polar sciences both in and beyond my own classroom, so maybe our paths will cross someday!

Amy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic