Home  •   Message Boards  •   Learning Resources  •   Members Only   •   FAQ  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Barrow, AlaskaCaribou Poker CreekLena River, SiberiaSvalbard, Norway Prince Patrick Island, Canada
Summit, Greenland
Toolik Lake | Models for the Arctic TundraPlant DiversityPollutantsSBI Project: Healy Icebreaker
 Hi from Chippewa View next topic
View previous topic
Nikkia from Chippewa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!!
I am Nikkia Niesen and my friend Crytal Frazer is right nexto to me!
We were just wondering if we could ask u a few Qeustions and may you could tell us about Alaska. We were wondering if there was any animals there that you would like to see. Are you going to be going with any of you friends or family? How long will you be staying? Is all the water fronzen there? well maybe would you be able to write us back.. Thanks!!
Nikkia and Crytal
Karen_Bejin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The animals I've seen so far are moose, carabou, Dahl mountain sheep, birds like the Arctic tern, 2 loons today, and some cute ground squirrels that look like prairie dogs. None of my family or friends from home are here, and I miss them, but I have met some nice new friends here who have been very nice to me and are very interesting. I'll be here until June 16. The lake here is still partially frozen, but melts more each day. Mrs. Bejin
Crystal Frazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey
Those ground squirrels sound so cute! I hope you are having fun I only have one ? is it really hard to sleep with the 24 hour daylight, I mean I am really picky I can't sleep unless its completely dark and I was just wondering how you are adjusting.
Crystal
Karen_Bejin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is hard to go to bed when it is so light out, because it doesn't seem like it's night. Once I go to my room I lower a blind that keeps out most of the light, and then I can sleep. Maybe it will seem strange to have it be dark when I get home! Mrs. Bejin

Ground squirrel at Toolik Lake Field Station

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic