Home  •   Message Boards  •   Learning Resources  •   Members Only   •   FAQ  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Barrow, AlaskaCaribou Poker CreekLena River, SiberiaSvalbard, Norway Prince Patrick Island, Canada
Summit, Greenland
Toolik Lake | Models for the Arctic TundraPlant DiversityPollutantsSBI Project: Healy Icebreaker
 hello View next topic
View previous topic
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi,this is Michael

I was gust saying hi.

how are you doeing?

Is it cold?
Amy_Clapp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Michael,
Thanks for writing to say HI, it is always nice to get some email! I am doing really well. Working on a science team is very fun and it is a great learning experience. It has been great for me to have the opportunity to learn more about the subject that I teach. I have also really enjoyed learning about global warming, and how scary it is. It is amazing to me to think about how all of the cars in the world, may be causing more water to flow in the river we are studying. We don't often think about how all the things we do effect the Earth as a whole system, but they do.

It is cold some of the days, and then other days it isn't very cold at all. Most days I have to wear a jacket of some sort. I think on two or three days, I had to wear all the layers of clothing I brought to keep warm, but there were at least two days that I only wore a fleece jacket and was warm enough. There was even one day, when I went hiking that I only had a short-sleeve shirt on for part of the time.

Why do you think it is cold up here in the Arctic Circle? Remember, that right now we are getting 24 hours of daylight so the sun is out a lot. Write back and let me know what you think!!

Take Care,
Amy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic