Home  •   Message Boards  •   Learning Resources  •   Members Only   •   FAQ  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
Barrow, AlaskaCaribou Poker CreekLena River, SiberiaSvalbard, Norway Prince Patrick Island, Canada
Summit, Greenland
Toolik Lake | Models for the Arctic TundraPlant DiversityPollutantsSBI Project: Healy Icebreaker
 Hi View next topic
View previous topic
Kim Arent core 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey ms.cie~
Wow when i thought of copelands i thought of like a fish...guess im wrong. yeh i really wanted to go to your telconference, but sady mrs.Larsen just drew names out of a hat. I obviously wasnt selected. maybe next time!yes so is there any new exciting things happening on your ship? i dont know how you can stay awake, i would need some serious caffiene. i looked at your pictures form your "ice liberty" day i can see you guys really needed a break. i mean being cooped up in that shi[p all the time cant be fun(no matter how big it is) but playing soccer on an ice flow? how AWSOME! i would love to have done that.I cannot belive some people from the ship swam in the water! did you swim in it? o my gosh that would be so cold! brrr! but considering its 80 degrees right now and i cant stop sweating that water is looking really nice! SO in one of your journals it says a polar bear decided to play with you equipment! thats so weird, so they scavage like that all the time? i was reading this article once saying that polar bears will eat beluga whales...is that true? if it is thats so sad!Sad! So are you eating french food on the ship? how interesting anything that you like im paticular? well i better get back to perr tutuoring, bye bye Wink!
Very Happy Kim
Patty_Cie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Kim,
Isn't great learning new things! I think you would really like the 24 hour daylight. It is energizing. No, I did not go swimming. Remember when I told you I sat on an iceberg in 1989? Well, that was enough for me to know the water was colder than I wanted to experience (again). Polar bear eat what is available and must maintain enough body fat to stay warm. They really like seals and will wait at a seal's breathing hole. Seals have a lot of fat and that is good for the bears. THEY LIVE ON THE ICE FLOES. Can you imagine floating around the ocean on a slab of ice? What do you think will happen to the polar bears if the ice recedes?
Kim Arent core 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow polar bears can survive on an ice flow? how kool is that? yeh well i was at the telyconfrence your pictures were great! yes well i dont think i would have swam in that water either :S you would be so cold once you got out of it!! Brrrr:$ but some people are daredevils i suppose! yeh well we really miss ya Wink! yeh the weather here is very inconsistant first sunny then rainging and etc. its hard cause i would like to get a tan! o well i'll manage! yes well im srry the polar bear got into your exipment. So i saw the ship has a pet. i centipede? that one must be long. if its an african one how can it survive such cold conditions? well i better go bye bye Smile!
Very Happy Kim
Patty_Cie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The pet centipede stays in a terrarium and has heat lamps.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic