( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flakes :unsure:
post Aug 24 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #1


when you say i found flakes what are you talking about?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 25 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Posts: 134
Joined: 18-April 06
Member No.: 31


When two pieces of rock are knapped, that is struck together to try and make a piece of one of the rocks come off, the piece or pieces that come off are called flakes. Sometimes these are big and sometimes small. Sometimes they have very sharp edges, sometimes duller and sometimes the flake pieces are conveniently shaped so that they can be further modified (retouched) to create a tool, such as a knife, scraper, stone point, etc. The flakes are the stone bits that have NOT been enhanced to make a tool or the pieces that come off as the tool is being made. All of these different sized flakes can be found in areas where people lived and worked and thus in archaeological sites.

Mrs. N-O
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 04:09 AM
IPS Driver Error  

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

We apologise for any inconvenience