IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What we get to EAT!, The food is fantastic here!
Maggie_Kane
post Jul 23 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 27

OK. Before I can go on any further about what we are all up to, I MUST highlight our food. Without this incredible spread of nutrients NONE of our work could happen. Seriously. We eat a LOT of food becasue we work so hard, and are incredibly lucky to be fed so very well. In fact, we all feel entirely spoiled!

We have the pleasure of working with 3 wonderful people who prepare the food for us all. Metta, Mark and Mort set out our breakfast and lunch every morning, and make a feast for us as we return from the field every evening. Here they are!

Mark, Metta and Mort
IPB Image

I am including some pictures of the breakfast and lunch table from this morning. We make sandwiches form the meat, cheese and spreads, separate the sandwiches with little pieces of wax paper, wrap the stack in more paper and put it in a plastic sack. Some people make 4-5 sandwiches for lunch, so the little separators are a great idea. Some of the spreads are really different from what we might see on an American table, and they are all really good. We also like to fill up our thermos bottles with hot tea for later on a cold day. Coffee and tea are always availalbe here!

Homemade Bread
IPB Image

Jam and Cheese

IPB Image

Some Spreads
IPB Image

Cereal
IPB Image

More Spreads!
IPB Image

Drinks
IPB Image

And, of course, CHOCOLATE!
IPB Image

I will return to our outdoor adventures in tomorrow’s post! OK... here is a sneak peek!

Crossing the Braided Stream

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:06 PM