( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> global warming
colleen aitken
post Jun 15 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hey Crum,
Hope you're having a blast in the Artic of Alaska!!!
Finals are almost finished, but first I have a question about this global warming concept. Ok, I know that by the end of the century the temps will be much higher and the greenhouse gases(methane,etc) will have an effect on the people, but the real question is, what is the government doing about this situation??? It seems to me that this subject isn't really bothering them, in account with the Iraq war and all that, but to me this is quite serious and the only people that are worrying about it right now look like the scientists that really care about our planet. I think that someone should say something to the government about this, not that they already know, but you get the picture?? Since reading about this subject in all the articles you have given us in class, I'm becoming somewhat concerned.sad.gif
well have fun until your stay is done and make it last
have a good summer
colleen cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_Crumrine
post Jun 15 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 9

Colleen,

I think it is good that you are concerned. Go out into the world and ask questions and see what you can find. Currently our government seems to be waiting for more evidence that global warming is real. I heard an interview with President Bush and he seemed to say that he would like to see more confirmed evidence that global warming is happening. Most of the other nations in the world have already agreed that warming is happening but our current government wants to see more.

I think that a big part of it for the Bush Administration is that they don't want to hurt the economy by agreeing to limiting carbon dioxide emissions. They see limitations on carbon as something that will allow countries like China to take away even more of our business. This probably would be true especially if China does not have to limit their emissions. I don't know what the solution is but I think that we should lead on this issue rather than drag our feet.

Have a good summer,

Mr. C.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:42 PM