( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> lions,tiger, and polar bears, OOOMYY, polar bear
Jonny Schwebel
post Dec 23 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

hey Boboddo,

i have a few things i wanted to say. i wanted to know what happened to the bear that you saw in your camp. did it try to attack you? i hope not, anyway i was curious and i wanted to know what were some other precautions you and your group took against polar bear. did you set traps? and what was the avarage weight for a polar bear in svalbard, this is mr. Oddo in his nija gear, waiting for the polar bear!!! ph34r.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Robert_Oddo
post Dec 26 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 8

Hi Jonny,
The bear just wandered off. It didn't try to attack, but the cooks at the station started up the tractor and made a lot of noise which they don't like. We carried guns and flare guns when we hiked around the area. We also sometimes had the dogs with us. The bear we saw was probably like 300 lbs. Hope that answers your questions.

QUOTE(Jonny Schwebel @ Dec 23 2005, 02:45 PM)
hey Boboddo,

i have a few things i wanted to say. i wanted to know what happened to the bear that you saw in your camp. did it try to attack you? i hope not, anyway i was curious and i wanted to know what were some other precautions you and your group took against polar bear. did you set traps? and what was the avarage weight for a polar bear in svalbard, this is mr. Oddo in his nija gear, waiting for the polar bear!!!  ph34r.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:35 PM