Ute_Kaden
post Sep 29 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #1

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 10

Only one day until we reach Tromso, Norway
9-29-05

“Look, you can see beautiful Norway”, was the morning call. A gorgeous sunny day
awaited us outside the ship. And yes, from the starboard side one could spot the mountains of Norway.

IPB Image
IPB Image

What a journey over the top of the world is behind us! People are packing, paying bills in the Java Hut (ship’s store), downloading and exchanging photos. Sometimes we realize that we will soon say good bye…sometimes.

I catch myself opening the heavy doors with a different touch than 2 month ago. It seems the Healy had become my home. Well, there are lots of things still to do. Stay tuned.

Best regards,
Ute Kaden

PS - I saw the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) for the first time. Yesterday, the night was clear and pale greenish glowing curtains, arcs and bands wobbled over the night sky. What a spectacular sight.

What is an Aurora Borealis?

An aurora is causes by electrically charged particles ejected by the sun, streaming earthward and interacting with the upper atmosphere (oxygen-green and nitrogen atoms,). The path taken by the particles is controlled by the earth magnetic field. Auroras form an oval shape around the geomagnetic poles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Ute_Kaden   09-29-05: Only one day...   Sep 29 2005, 10:31 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:59 PM