Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello Patty
Megan
post May 9 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=5]

Hello Patty,

Were do you sleep on the boat? Is it comfortable? Do you have to see how humid the temature is to study the affect of Global Warming?
Heve fun Exploring! biggrin.gif

Megan Burke
Mrs. VanAckooy's 6th period student
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Patricia_Janes
post May 10 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 24

Hi Megan,

I sleep in a bunk bed (on the bottom bunk). My roommate, Marge, is a scientist onboard the ship. Marge offered to take the top bunk. Sleeping on the top bunk can be a challenge at sea, since you have to climb up and down the ladder while the ship is rolling in the waves.

The bunks have a set of curtains that you can pull to block out the sunlight. I work the noon to midnight shift, but my roommate works the midnight to noon shift. That means that she has to sleep during the day. Also, here in the arctic at this time of year the sun doesn't until very late...around midnight. So those curtains come in handy!

The rooms are very comfortable. I had expected them to be small, but they aren't. Each room has a set of bunk beds and a sleep sofa, three closets, two desks, and a sink. The room shares a bathroom with the room next door.

I don't think humidity plays a very big role in global warming, but you should pose that question to Lee Cooper, the scientist. He might be better able to answer your question.

Thanks for writing,
Patty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:02 AM