> A great place to work, some pictures of camp life
Tom_Crumrine
post Jun 16 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #1

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 9

16 June 2005

This is the sign that greets you as you enter camp.

IPB Image

The food here is great--last night we had kabobs on the grill and in the morning we had make your own waffles and tons a fresh fruit. It is not that rough to be here in terms of food. My one vice that I can't stop having is the root beer. I love root beer and the fact that it is free and just waiting for me in the cooler is too much to resist. I have been going on about 2 a day but I could see that rising to at least 4. Still not as much as some of my diet coke drinking friends--but alot.

IPB Image

On another note I was watching my screen saver scroll through my pictures and noticed this great picture of the Yukon River taken as we travelled north on the Dalton.

IPB Image

All in all Toolik is a great place to be. I would have to agree with my friend Justin who wrote in and said that he would like to have one of the weatherport shelters like I am staying in in his back yard. Or my sister who mentioned that she couldn't get wireless internet on the 9th floor of a hotel in Atlanta. We really are set up quite nicely here. We even have these structures impressively called The Towers.

IPB Image

I'm off to see the thermocarst (sp?) apparently a large area of ground damage caused by melting permafrost. Hopefully some pictures later.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:54 PM