Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So, You Want to be TREC TEACHER!!!!, Overall Activities
John_Sode
post May 26 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #1

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 11

Congratulations!! This experience has, without question, become one of the most fascinating, enlightening, personal, and professionally enriching experiences of my career. Without question, the program has been worth the five plus years I took applying for, training for, and reapplying for before I was accepted.

There are two posts on becoming a TREC teacher. This post deals with the overall aspects of the experience. The other post chronicles the day to day activities of a TREC teacher and is identified by the "Daily Activities" that follows "What does a TREC teacher do?"

As a TREC teacher, you will join an National Science Research Team during their field experience in the Arctic. As a member of the team you will be conducting actual field research in the Arctic. TREC teachers are also responsible for keeping daily journals and communicating with the public about their experience. I have found, even though I have not yet left for the Arctic, that this is one of the most challengining and enriching teaching experiences of my career. I am looking forward to updating this post as I learn more about becoming a TREC teacher.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:40 PM