( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> August 19, 2006 - Strange Sounds from the Snow, The film crew gives us a lift
Jason_Petula
post Aug 29 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 29

A snow storm greeted us this morning blanketing our campsite in a carpet of white. Frustrated that another day would be spent trapped in camp, I prepared to compose another bad poem to pass the time. Before I could generate a single verse, a strange sound echoed across the tundra.

Moments later a helicopter landed near our site delivering the NOVA film crew who was anxious to shot footage. They transferred us to the quarry so we could get some work done on the prized pachyrhinosaur skull that was the center piece of their story. We labored throughout the day with all attention on jacketing the skull.

The film crew’s helicopter gave us a tremendous help by allowing us to sling one jacket out of the quarry. Every bit of help was appreciated because only a few days remain in the field season before we are scheduled to leave. Everyone in the group is worried we won’t get the skull out in time. We could really use a break in the weather, but that is unlikely. The helicopter delivered us back to camp and as we said goodbye to the film crew a new worry surfaced. One of the team members exhibits signs of a detached retina. If his symptoms don’t approve we will have to call Search and Rescue for a medical evacuation.

IPB Image
A view from my tent showing yet another bad weather day.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:54 AM