Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News of Toolik in Science, As famous as I'll ever be
Tom_Crumrine
post Aug 17 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #1

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 9

Donie found this article in a recent issue of Science. Elizabeth Pennsi came and interviewed many people at Toolik while we were there. To look at it just download the attachment.

In other news I have been travelling tons to see friends and family in Ohio and Pennsylvania. I was very happy to find that almost all of the people that I ran into had looked at the website. One of the sad things was that very few people asked questions because they were afraid that they would seem dumb. Turned off by the people who asked really "sciency" questions they kept their more simple, but maybe just as interesting, questions to themselves.

On August 4, I gave a well received presentation at Rockywold-Deephaven Camps in Holderness, NH on Squam Lake. Regular readers of this journal will remember that I spoke of the winter ice harvest at this camp in one of my first entries. I had many great questions and two piercing ones from a very attentive 10 year old. I also was approached afterwards by a man who was very interested in applying to be a TREC teacher himself.

As the school year begins I will be using this site for student questions on everything from global warming to general science. Look for weekly updates of what we are doing at Concord High for Science.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Science_article_Aug05.pdf ( 377.81k ) Number of downloads: 58
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:15 PM