IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> samples
Aly and Justina ...
post May 31 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Justinas question is how many samples are you going to do ? And Alys quuestion is Will you have a great time?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amy_Clapp
post Jun 5 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 6

Those are great questions Aly and Justina,
Although I don't know exactly how many samples we will do each day, if it is like what we did when we were in Siberia last year, we will take samples daily from the shore of the river and we will take a couple of samples from the boats on the rivers. So we will probaby take about 20 samples while we are there. The samples will all get sent to labs in the United States, Canada, and Russia to get analyzed and then the scientists working on the project will make graphs and tables to show that the chemistry of the wtaer is. Then scientists will work together to find out what the water tells us about global warming. Interesting hugh?

I am sure that we will have a great time. I know that it is great fun to be able to to field work with a scientist. Scientists have such great ideas that they are working to find the answers to--if I wasn't a teacher, I would love to be a scientist! It will also be great fun to be able to meet the people who live in the villages we will be staying in. Last year it was really fun to do the science and meet the people who live in the Arctic and learn about their lives. It is also fun for me to be able to share all this with everyone who goes onto the webpage and I love getting questions from kids!

Thanks,
Amy Clapp
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM