IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello
Bobby Ungwiluk
post May 15 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hey Patty! How was the tour of the village? I'm sorry I didn't explain enough of the village or show u guys around some more. I hope that was enough info on how we live our lifestyle. I was hoping that you guys would meet my biological grandfather(whom I call my father), Rodney Ungwiluk, Sr. He is 64 years old and he has been out on some hunts for walrus with us before. His last hunt was 4-5 years ago. He knows alot about the ice and how it was melting over the years. Becareful not to wander off with out a guide because the ice can be tricky. Some of the ice may seem thick but they can be about 4-5 inches thick and you may never know if you will fall in or not. When going out on the ice we use our ice picks to determine how thick it is. Remember to stay together. If I can go onboard Healy maybe I can bring some copies of our 99 terms for ice for each of you. I got to go. I'll write to you again and have fun while your here.

Bobby Ungwiluk
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Patricia_Janes
post May 17 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 24

Hi Bobby,
Thank you so much for the tour of your village. It was wonderful. I would have loved to be able to spend more time talking with you and other members of the community. And it would have been great to be able to meet your grandfather. Perhaps someday I will get the chance to come back. I would like to hear more about what changes your grandfather has seen in the ice. It would be helpful to hear about it from his perspective. Yes: If you get to come aboard the Healy, please bring some copies of your 99 words for ice. I had often heard that such variations existed in your language and others, but I did not know if it was true. It would be very interesting to see if I could use your guide to identify the ice that I am seeing here. Thank you again for your kind welcome and the wonderful tour. And congratulations again on your winning science fair project. Keep up the great work!
-Patty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 AM