> Webnars, Talking to the folks back home
John_Sode
post Jul 27 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #1

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 11

July 22, 2005

Sometimes, just watching waves wash ashore brings ideas to the fore. I've finally got a chance to think about Tuesday's webnar. What an experience!! Talking via satellite phone from a valley in an unsettled unpopulated part of the world to a large group audience in three different locations was certainly a new experience for me. I've given many a presentation in my life but never, ever have I had to climb 75 feet up a cliff to make a phone connection so I could talk to everyone back home.

Check out the pictures below to see the slope from which the conference call was made and a nearby view of the valley.

Attached ImageAttached Image

Sitting high on the cliffs, talking about the musk oxen across the valley, describing what they are doing, and listening to people who had been Thule before their was a Thule Air Base was thrilliing. I must admit, I was a little worried about how this would work. I know my support team was too--when the email comment is something like "That will be interesting" you know you are pushing the envelope. I feel I just have to thank the support team at ARCUS and the wonderful library staffs at Lebaon-Laclede, Webster County, and Springfield-Green County Libraries for helping me bring this exciting opportunity to a new audience in southwest Missouri. Thanks to everyone for a job well done.

Well, now I've really got my work cut out for me. How do I prepare for a webnar while I'm in the field with limited satellite phone connections due to inclement weather all week? Fortunately, the support team at ARCUS is coming through again. After contacting ARCUS with the outline, they've put together the slide show and made the arrangements. Wow! I hope everything goes well tomorrow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:08 PM