( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HI, how is your trip going?
Megan UVMS (PLEASE REPLY)
post May 24 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Dear Patty,
Please reply to this, because i wrote a passage to you a while ago from Megan UVMS, and i never got a reply. Is it because you never got a chance to go on? Whatever the reason is i understand. smile.gif I was wondering what you do on the boat all day, and where you sleep. I hope that you get back to me soon, because i have no idea when you get off the boat.
Have you seen any animals besides seals yet? Have you seen any Polar bears? I hope you have because Ruth was saying how much she wantes to. Please write back and tell me how the trpip is going, and what you are doing. I hope that it goes very well, and that you and everyone have fun. smile.gif

Megan UVMS
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Patricia_Janes
post May 26 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 24

Hi Megan,

I am sorry that I did not respond sooner, but we do not have much access to the internet here. So I get my questions via e-mail. Sometimes I do not receive all of the questions...

But I got this one! So here I go: I do lots of things on the boat. I help the scientists whenever I can, and I watch them and ask them lots of questions so that I can better understand why they are doing all of the sampling that they are doing. I also go up to the bridge often and stand with Liz Labunski, who I introduced in one of my journals. Liz is an expert on marine birds and mammals, so she identifies all of the animals that we see. Since many of them are new to me, I learn a lot from Liz. It is always important to ask questions and learn as much as you can from other people. Now I can identify a lot of the animals by myself.

I get off the boat around June 5. So I still have a while! I haven't seen a polar bear yet, but Ruth did! She saw one last night at around 1:30 in the morning!

Thanks so much for writing,
Patty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:13 PM