IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

> Lots of little questions from an Oakwood mom
Jeanie Siegel
post May 15 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

[size=1]Hey, Sam --

I am following along in Renee Yongue's footsteps and am excited to have recieved your contact info after cleaning out my son's backpack. Nicholas, Jacob, and I have just finished reading some of your journal entries, and love the conversational tone you use. We can't wait for tomorrow's installment! We've got some questions for you, if you have time. Here goes:

How clear was the water at the beginning of the trip that you were able only to see the blowholes for the Dall's porpoises? Was it murky, or was that camoflage thing in effect?

What is the temperature change from day to night?

How big are the samples in each of the CTD cannisters? How many cannisters are there? What portion of those samples do you need from each station to conduct your research?

Similarly, how much do you get from each vanVeen sampling?

How long will the research for your project take? Will it continue after June 7, or is it a month-long project? When will the results of the project be posted?

I remember meeting you briefly at the Oakwood auction and also in the teachers' break room, and seeing the excitement on your face as you talked about your upcoming adventure. I hope that this expedition is everything you imagined!

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Jeanie Siegel
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:03 PM