IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glaciers
Karleen n' Jessie
post Jun 6 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

[SIZE=1] [FONT=Optima][COLOR=red] blink.gif Mr. Crumrine, What happens to melted Glacier water? Does it go into the ocean? Would it create more water in the ocean so there would be less salt concentration, because if there is less salt concentration in salt water wouldn't it effect water organisms?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
colleen
post Jun 6 2005, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE(Karleen n' Jessie @ Jun 6 2005, 02:58 PM)
[SIZE=1]  [FONT=Optima][COLOR=red] blink.gif Mr. Crumrine, What happens to melted Glacier water? Does it go into the ocean? Would it create more water in the ocean so there would be less salt concentration, because if there is less salt concentration in salt water wouldn't it effect water organisms?

the less the salt in the ocean, yes, it would effect water organisms, espcially the saltwater ones because of the high concentration of freshwater. I'm not sure about the "what happens to the melted glacier water? " and the other one
take care
colleen
+Quote Post
Tom_Crumrine
post Jun 6 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #3

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 9

Karleen n' Jessie,

Here's what I know about this. As glaciers melt they can melt into the ocean. You are correct in thinking that this would tend to make the salt concentration less in the oceans. Another TREC teacher, Amy Clapp, is working with Max Holmes on this issue. You can see her web journal in the same location as mine.

Tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:33 PM