IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We have lots of questions
Mr. McMahon's 1st Period Cla
post May 25 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Jasmine - Does more than one person live with you in your living quarters? and also, The plane is smaller and has propellers with sleds.

Eric S. - What are you doing now? It's 9:34 am on Wed. and What is Greenland's weather like?

Aissata - Why does your home have clothes everywhere? Is it going to get warmer while you are there? Did the plane have enough room?

Rekeisha - How did you feel physically when you arrived? Did you feel scared in the plane?

Chartavia - The plane is shaped weird. And it's like a sled at the bottom. This plane has four propellers. Your home is very junky. You need to clean up. Get back to me when your room is clean. And be safe. See ya next year.

Tenesha - The plane has a sled at the bottom and four propellers at the front and the plane is wide. What time do you go to sleep.

Scott - How is your evil plan : |?

Portia - Does it rain? or snow? And I hope you have a great time and be safe. Say your prayers at night.

Elliot - Don't forget to bring me back a frosty.

Brian - Where do you use the restroom?

Courtney - Dear Mr. McMahon, I hope you are having a great time. The airplane looks funny. Did you have fun riding in it? Wasn't it scary up in the sky looking down at the ice far away. Your home is very small and is not protective to keep you warm. Have fun.

Jennifer - Is it cramped up in your home?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kevin_McMahon
post May 25 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Mr. McMahon's 1st Period Cla @ May 24 2006, 04:37 PM) *

Jasmine - Does more than one person live with you in your living quarters? and also, The plane is smaller and has propellers with sleds.

Hi Jasmine. Our tents are very small so only one person lives in each tent.

Eric S. - What are you doing now? It's 9:34 am on Wed. and What is Greenland's weather like?

Hi Eric. If it is 9:34 a.m. on Wed in Atlanta, it is 11:34 a.m. at Summit Greenland. At that time, we were riding in snowmobiles to take equipment to our satellite camp and setting up the equipment. One piece of equipment uses a soap bubble to measure how fast air is flowing through a tube. I'll explain it in more detail in my teacher journals. We have blue skies and sunshine on the ice sheet today. It is a bit chilly at -20 degrees Celsius right now.

Aissata - Why does your home have clothes everywhere? Is it going to get warmer while you are there? Did the plane have enough room? Hi Aissata. I keep all my clothes in a duffel bag in my tent. We don't have any furniture in the tent to put our clothes away. In the picture you are looking at, I just picked out my tent and put my stuff in it. That is why it probably looked messy. I'll try to put another picture of my tent in the photo gallery so you can see how neat it is now! I hope it will get a little warmer while I am here but it won't get much warmer. The planes to Kangerlussauq and Summit, Greenland were almost full. They had to carry all the people, all the scientific equipment plus all the food and fuel for Summit camp.

Rekeisha - How did you feel physically when you arrived? Did you feel scared in the plane?

Hi Rekeisha - I felt pretty good when I arrived. I haven't had a headache yet because I have been drinking a lot of water and gatorade. I still get tired easily. For example, I get out of breath walking. Each day I feel a little stronger. Read my journal entry called "High Altitude Headache" to find out more about physical problems people can have if they go to a high altitude too quickly (if you haven't already read it, of course). I felt a little nervous on the plane. I always feel a little nervous when I try new things. After we landed, I felt much better.

Chartavia - The plane is shaped weird. And it's like a sled at the bottom. This plane has four propellers. Your home is very junky. You need to clean up. Get back to me when your room is clean. And be safe. See ya next year.

Hi Chartavia. Thanks for the note. You have a good summer too. I will try to clean my room. Look in my photo gallery in a few days to see a picture of my "clean" tent.

Tenesha - The plane has a sled at the bottom and four propellers at the front and the plane is wide. What time do you go to sleep. Hi Teneshia. I try to go to sleep around 11:00 p.m. Summit, Greenland time, which is 9:00 p.m. Atlanta time. It is hard to go to sleep because the sun doesn't set in the summer here. Right now it is almost 11:00 p.m. Summit time and it is still bright and sunny.

Scott - How is your evil plan : |?

Hi Scott. Are you referring to evil plan number 1, number 2, or number 3?
cool.gif

Portia - Does it rain? or snow? And I hope you have a great time and be safe. Say your prayers at night.
Hi Portia. It is always so cold here that it doesn't rain. It does snow a lot here but we haven't had any snow while I have been here. Thanks for thinking of me.

Elliot - Don't forget to bring me back a frosty.

Hi Elliot. Would you like a medium or a large frosty?

Brian - Where do you use the restroom?

Great question and one of the first ones that I asked when I arrived! There are several "outhouses" outside. They aren't too bad because it is so cold that it is not smelly at all. In the "Big House" and the "Green House" we have regular toilets. Because we have to melt all the water here for drinking and for the plumbing we use this rule when using the regular toilets: "If it is brown, flush it down. If it is yellow, let it mellow." huh.gif We also can't put toilet paper in the regular toilets since we don't have plumbing pipes like you would have in Decatur. Instead, we have to throw the toilet paper in a trash can.

Courtney - Dear Mr. McMahon, I hope you are having a great time. The airplane looks funny. Did you have fun riding in it? Wasn't it scary up in the sky looking down at the ice far away. Your home is very small and is not protective to keep you warm. Have fun.

Hi Courtney. Yes, I am having a great time. The airplane ride was an adventure. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I also liked looking down at the land and ice while in the plane. You get to see a totally different view of the land and ice up there. It is amazing. My tent is pretty small but it does protect me from the wind.

Jennifer - Is it cramped up in your home? Yes it is cramped but I only need to be there until June 8. I am starting to get used to it.

Thanks for checking in. Don't forget to check in from time to time this summer. Continue to send us your questions. I miss you all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:33 PM