IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here In a Small, Native, Village
Andrea
post Sep 14 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

How was it like having to stock up on food from the only grocery store in the town (and I thought Barrow was bad)? Would you ever consider living in Tsiigehtchic? blink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amy_Clapp
post Sep 25 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 6

Dear Andrea,
We did have to stock up on food in Anchorage before going to Pilot Station, which wasn't too bad at all--in fact we were able to get a lot of good food in Anchorage. It was a little bit of a hassle having to carry the coolers with us to Pilot Station because we were taking small planes and had to be careful about weight limits.

Tsiigehtchic is a very neat little community with what seemed to be many people who all know each other living together well. I found this very appealing, especially coming from a small town myself, where I am embarrased to say that I don't really know anyone excpet for my immediate neighbors. So, I found that part of Tsiigehtchic very inviting. However, I think Vermont is cold enough and I enjoy warm summers and the growing season that we have here--also my family lives here in Vermont, so those things would make it difficult for me to live in Tsiigehtchic.
Thanks for writing,
Amy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM