( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fresh water and salt water
sean macCallum
post Jul 10 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi Ms Clapp,

This is Sean. I'm sorry it took me awhile to read your email. I just wanted to say hi and hope that your having a great time in Alaska and wanted to ask you the question how does the salt water and river water when they mix affect us and the rest of the world. So I hope you send me another email because Iwill sean you some more and I want to know more about what you do like every day or 2 days. cool.gif cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amy_Clapp
post Jul 10 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 6

Hey Sean,
It was great to hear from you, and I'm glad that you were able to use the web page and send the question to me. It is a great question. With this project, what the scientists are thinking is that when the increased fresh water mixes with the salty Arctic Ocean water, that the Arctic Ocean might become more fresh in some places which may affect the currents in the ocean. So although fresh waters from rivers dumping into the oceans have different effects all over the world--with this project they are focusing on how the fresh water may affect the circulation in the ocean.

Great question and I hope to hear from you again soon!! I hope you are having a great summer--also, just in case you are interested, I posted an experiment you could do at home in the experiments and activities section of the web page--it is similar to the experiment that you did in class at the end of the year with fresh and salt water freezing (but since it's summer you can do it just for fun, and you don't even have to do a lab write-up--YIPPEE!)

Talk to you soon Sean,
Amy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:03 PM