( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chemical Means
Erik P.Dillon
post Jul 11 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hey hey,
Long time no see. Alaska must be a blast when you look back on all the time you wasted teaching us kids in chemistry class. Went to college for chemistry actually. Probably because you sparked my interest the most, and of course my experimentation with trying to overdose myself on caffeine. But I was just wondering, with all that research that your doing, do you ever use the chemical mid set or is it more experimentation with what is going on? I'm really interested in the work that you do because like you, this planet needs someone to take care of it before that ice cap melts and we're all floating face down in the ocean. I'll probably forget this site is here by tomorrow, but if its not too much trouble, maybe you could give me an email on all the applications your doing up there. Give me some insight into some research that your doing that may help me with mine. Enjoy yourself Krumm, Nate and I are still keeping your name alive and well in Concord.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jul 11 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE(Erik P.Dillon @ Jul 11 2006, 03:05 PM) *

I'll probably forget this site is here by tomorrow, but if its not too much trouble, maybe you could give me an email on all the applications your doing up there.

Help a little if I gave you my e-mail address, huh?
erik.dillon@gmail.com
+Quote Post
Tom Crumrine
post Jul 13 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Erik,

Good to hear from you. I hope all is going well for you. I think I understand your question--we do think about chemistry all of the time when we are doing the Alaska research. We test for carbon, nitrogen and phosphorous; all of which we could not test for if we didn't have chemical means of analysis. We bring them to the lab or we send them off to a company that can analyze them for us.

You may be interested to know that we have set up some plots just like the Alaska ones out at White Farm. We will be monitoring carbon, nitrogen, phosphorous, and biomass. Stop by the high school next year and we can take a trip out to see them.

Enjoy the summer,

Tom
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 PM