IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

> Random questions, (See Topic Title)
Emily Holshouser
post Jun 12 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi Mr. Marshall!
Are you in the Arctic yet? Is it cold? Well, duh, it's cold, but how cold is it? Does the sun bother you when you're trying to sleep? Have you seen any polar bears yet? Have you gone penguin hunting? How about whales, see any of them? Do you wear a big jacket with fur around the hood? Does it make you feel like an eskimo?

Oh yeah, and I think I should get extra credit on the exam for writing to you tongue.gif . I HAVE been studying too!

~Emily H.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Steve_Marshall
post Jun 12 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 12

Hi Emily. Thanks for the questions!
Let me answer the quick ones first: Yes, I'm in the Arctic, but not on the ship yet. We're in Barrow, and will head out to the ship tomorrow. The temperature has been in the lower to mid 30s with a snowflake here and there.

I'm a heavy sleeper, so the sun hasn't bothered me too much. Plus, it has been kind of foggy here lately, so even though it's light all the time, it's not a real bright sun at this point. No polar bears or whales yet, but I'll probably have a better chance for that when I'm out on the ship. No penguin hunts yet either, but for a different reason: Penguins only live in the Antarctic...That would be one LONG hunting expedition! smile.gif

It's probably not cold enough for the big jacket with fur around the hood, but when we're on the ship, we will be wearing what's called a mustang suit....It's a big orange protective suit that I'll show pictures of once we get on the ship. It will probably make me feel more like a pumpkin or a giant traffic cone rather than an eskimo biggrin.gif

I'll have to think about the extra credit dry.gif Good luck on the exam!

S. Marshall
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:54 PM