( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Patty,how were you chosen?
Maureen VA
post May 9 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hey there!

First of all, I saw the picture of you on the beach...where was your hat?
But really, I was wondering how you were chosen for the expedition?
My class is very excited about your journey.
How old is Ruth? Can we follow along with her journals also?

Thanks,
Maureen
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Patricia_Janes
post May 10 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 24

Hi Maureen,

I'm not a big fan of hats, but I should definitely have been wearing it! I would have been much warmer!

Ruth has a question page, so feel free to ask her questions. And she should be getting a journal page too, I think. I will try to find out for you if that is the case or not.

To be chosen for the expedition, I had to apply. I am a big fan of polar science, so I am on a listserv called ArcticInfo. It sends me information about all sorts of arctic science activity that is taking place. It also happened to announce that applications were being accepted for a program called TREC. TREC stands for Teachers and Researchers Exploring and Collaborating. I had to fill out a very long application form explaining why I would like to go on an arctic expedition, and how I thought I could teach kids about the polar regions.

Meanwhile, scientists had to apply to get a teacher to join them in their research. Eight teachers were chosen for seven research expeditions. The other teachers are going to places like Greenland, Norway, and Alaska.

Best,
Patty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post May 11 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Dear Patty,

How is your trip so far? What did you find out about global warming? If all of the ice melted would any of the animals survive? Is the ship very crowded? ph34r.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:14 PM