Reply to this topicStart new topic
> April 24, 2006 - Nightime Homework
Charla_Jordan
post Apr 25 2006, 05:06 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 28

The TREC Experience--who would have thought that I would have the privilege to be picked for the program! I had no idea what to expect. Flying over Alaska was a breathtaking sight and I was full of anticipation.

IPB Image

Coming to Fairbanks for orientation has been a wonderful adventure. I came not knowing what to do, what to expect, or what would be fully expected of me. Training is good and trained I am (now).

IPB Image

The teachers here are some of the most dedicated educators I have met. They are all shining examples of our profession. I have been truly lucky to learn with them and from them. In these few days we have bandaged each other, eaten, seen reindeer, eaten reindeer, wrote journals, and learned about the field programs.

IPB Image

I hope that my field experience will be as memorable as this weekend. I still have unanswered questions—will the researcher be as friendly and open to questions as my fellow teachers, will the mosquitoes carry me away at Toolik, tent or WeatherPort, and will I be successful at helping the researcher complete their tasks? I hope this adventure is a learning experience for my students and myself, and I hope I can successfully bring the Alaskan Tundra back to Texas.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:56 AM