> Education Plans, Taking TREC back to the Classroom
Janet_Warburton
post May 19 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #1

Project Manager
Group Icon

Group: ARCUS
Member No.: 13

What will you do with your TREC experience?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Janet_Warburton
post May 19 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #2

Project Manager
Group Icon

Group: ARCUS
Member No.: 13

Here is Ute's draft education plan that was handed out during training.Attached File  2_Educational_implementation_TREC_ukaden2005.doc ( 139.5k ) Number of downloads: 13
+Quote Post
Amy_Clapp
post May 23 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #3

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 6

Although I am still in the brainstorming mode, a couple of ideas that I have thought of for my TREC experience this year include modeling a TEA project on oral histories so that Max and I have a way to try and connect with the communities we will be in besides just the science project. I also am interested in doing this because my students really connected positively to the cultural aspect of my trip to Siberia last year.

I am also thinking that it would be very fun next year to have an Arctic Science Fair, where students will work on projects that are connected to Arctic ideas and inventions and science etc.

I would also be very interested in writing articles and would love to write a children's book that connects the different TREC teachers' experiences and some simple science projects for kids that makes the science that is going on this summer in the Arctic become more real and understandable for elementary school kids. They are so facinated by the Arctic and I want to really foster that curiosity.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:28 PM