( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fishing Trip
Tira
post Jul 28 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi Ute!

I have to say I am very jealous of your fishing trip! Were you at least able to enjoy some of your catch the night you returned from fishing?

Best Regards,
Tira
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ute_Kaden
post Jul 28 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 10

Hi Tira,
no I do not prepare meals. I live of Coffee and Subway.... I could have sent fish to you if I would have known. That is what the people do here. Uwe is in Germany. Shipping is US only! Next time I will catch a Baluga from the Bering Street -Interested?
Ute smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tina
post Jul 29 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE(Tira @ Jul 28 2005, 08:54 PM)
I have to say I am very jealous of your fishing trip!

Same here! blink.gif
+Quote Post
Ute Kaden Holliday Inn
post Jul 29 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

No, I had to give the catch to the world food bank smile.gif It ended up in the hands of some Texans from Houston. I do not cook here in Alaska!
Ute
+Quote Post
Howard Jones
post Jul 31 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

Nice and warm here in Texas. I was in Brownsville Thurs-Friday and you and your adventures are the major topic of discussion. Be safe and hurry home. Can't wait for your personal report.

smile.gif
+Quote Post
Ute_Kaden
post Jul 31 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #6

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 10

Hi Dr. Jones,
thanks for following my trip. Hurry home- well, it will be October and only after a lot of advantures and successful science work like my science PI pointed out. I am thinking of you all.
Ute
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Aug 1 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Unregistered

Hi Ute.<p> I am working with Mike Cotter to set up our Videoconference (VC) room to be able to connect to you and the Healy on the ice. He is very excited and enthusing others so I am keen to get all of the technology sorted asap, tested and reliable. Currently I have my PC sorted so I can connect to HorizonWimba and take part in Webinars. And I am about one day away from getting the PC in our VC room working with HorizonWimba properly (one stap to go). <p> However, I am keen to get the proper videoconferencing going as well. We run an extensive programme of VC classes across our cluster of schools (CoroNet - see www.coronet.school.nz) and we find the realtime face to face VC on a big screen very conducive to interactions.... We can connect by VC to anywhere in the world free - all I need is an IP (Internet Protocol) address - for the Healy's VC unit (or perhaps an ISDN number). I will supply your number to our VPN administrator and he will connect the two units together at the agreed times. It would be good to test this out first of course. My IP address is available but it is not much use to you as we need to connect thru' the Gatekeeper of our VPN - the manager of the VPN's Gatekeeper needs to do the connecting.
<p> I have taken the references to videoconferencing to mean full IP based connections. If VC for the Healy means only "webcam" type videoconferencing (low quality) based on a PC we can probably do that too, but I will need to set up the VC room's PC to do that and I cannot see that it will be anywhere near as good as full VC (at 256k broadband). Please advise me of any required details (IP #, etc) or refer me to an appropriate technician. Thanks
+Quote Post
Phi Buchanan
post Aug 1 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 1 2005, 10:03 PM)
Hi Ute.<p> I am working with Mike Cotter to set up our Videoconference (VC) room to be able to connect to you and the Healy on the ice.  He is very excited and enthusing others so I am keen to get all of the technology sorted asap, tested and reliable.  Currently I have my PC sorted so I can connect to HorizonWimba and take part in Webinars.  And I am about one day away from getting the PC in our VC room working with HorizonWimba properly (one stap to go). <p>  However, I am keen to get the proper videoconferencing going as well.  We run an extensive programme of VC classes across our cluster of schools (CoroNet - see www.coronet.school.nz) and we find the realtime face to face VC on a big screen very conducive to interactions....  We can connect by VC to anywhere in the world free - all I need is an IP (Internet Protocol) address - for the Healy's VC unit (or perhaps an ISDN number).  I will supply your number to our VPN administrator and he will connect the two units together at the agreed times.  It would be good to test this out first of course.  My IP address is available but it is not much use to you as we need to connect thru' the Gatekeeper of our VPN - the manager of the VPN's Gatekeeper needs to do the connecting.
<p> I have taken the references to videoconferencing to mean full IP based connections.  If VC for the Healy means only "webcam" type videoconferencing (low quality) based on a PC we can probably do that too, but I will need to set up the VC room's PC to do that and I cannot see that it will be anywhere near as good as full VC (at 256k broadband).  Please advise me of any required details (IP #, etc) or refer me to an appropriate technician.  Thanks

The conmments above are from me, Phil Buchanan. My contact details are:
pbuchanan@tearoha-college.school.nz and 64 274 353 676 (anytime)
Cheers.
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:11 AM