IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

> ???
Roberta
post Aug 29 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Dear Mrs.NO,
Sorry that this is only my first question so far this summer, and its hard to believe, but I've been on so many trips to the east coast and more that I just have been so busy, (But even as an exuse I could have posted question beetween trips). Sorry.
Also since its been so long since you've talked to us about your trip, I've forgoten what to post questions about. Is it soposed to be about youre trip there and things relitve to that or just science questions, about the earth, animals, and nature around us?
One questions that I do remember was:
When you came to our class, you talked about volcanoes all around were you were going or close to were you were. Are they active volcanoes?

Scincerly,
Roberta
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Misty_Nikula_Ohlsen
post Sep 2 2006, 03:30 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 31

Roberta
There were several active volcanoes on the Kuril Islands. In fact we could see smoke and gases coming off of some of the calderas. There were also a couple of earthquakes that happened while we were on the Islands. We didn't see any eruptions, though - like no big ash clouds or lava. The Kuril Island volcanoes mostly erupt with ash and pyroclastic flows, not lava like the ones on Hawaii.
Mrs. N-O
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM