IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey Sam!
Bobby Ungwiluk
post Jun 2 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi. The tour of the boat was fun! I had a great time. Thank you all. I was wondering if I can go and visit fot a couple of hours while you guys are working. Is that possible? If I can go I might bring the book with the 99 terms for ice and a piece of polar bear fur to you, Lee, Jackie, Patty, Ruth, and possibly the captain. Well thanks again. Got to go and eat dinner. I'll write to you again soon. biggrin.gif

Bobby Ungwiluk smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Samantha_Dassler_Barlow
post Jun 2 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 23

Hi Bobby,
I am very glad that you liked the tour of the ship. I am sorry that there was not any science going on while you were here. It would be great to have you back on board while the scientists are sampling so that you could see what they actually do and learn more about the data they collect. Unfortunately, we are now over 100 miles south of the island headed towards the shelf, then on to Dutch Harbor. We also do not have a helicopter anymore! Our helicopter departed a few days ago for its next job helping other scientists that are working near Nome.

But...Lee and Jackie would be very interested in having you come aboard on next year's cruise as a member of the scientific team and you could help with the scientific sampling. They hope that you will be available and they will keep in touch with you starting in the fall.

I am so glad that I was able to meet you and see your community. You have helped to make this trip an unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience for me and you have taught me so much about your way of life.

Take care and please stay in touch.
Sincerely,
Sam
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:02 PM