IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comparison
Menko
post Jun 20 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

How do you think the trip will compare to your previous experience in barrow? huh.gif
What do you think your stay on the ship will be like?
How do you think the bugs and mosquitos will compare to barrow? unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Misty_Nikula_Ohlsen
post Jun 28 2006, 04:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 31

Menko
Good questions!
First, I think that it will definitely be more isolated than my trip to Barrow. There won't be a store to go get more necessities for example or wireless Internet in my room. smile.gif It will also be a MUCH longer trip than Barrow. I was in Barrow for only 4 weeks, this will be 7. I am wondering how long it will take to adjust to being home again afterwards. dry.gif
I am hoping that my stay on the ship will be comfortable. I lived on a ship for 3 weeks about 5 years ago when I went with the R/V Atlantis. I don't think that it will be as bad for seasickness since we will be getting off of the ship nearly every day and the stormy weather is supposed to be infrequent. I have been told that the food will be "Russian" and I don't really know what that means . . . but I'm sure it will be good. It is nice not to have to cook for yourself. I have also learned that there is a sauna, which I hope will be nice. The rooms will be small and we will have to share them and the bathrooms, but I have done that before, so I'm sure it will be fine. I don't speak any Russian, so that might make some things trickier. laugh.gif
I have been told that the mosquitoes are bad, but not as bad as Alaska. The bugs and mosquitoes were worst in Atqasuk, since it was more inland and warmer than Barrow. Since we will be on islands and the weather is cooler, I am hoping that they will not be that bad. I have lots of repellent and bug gear, though, so I feel prepared.
Thanks, Menko. Check back later this summer and post some more questions for me!
Mrs. N-O
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:46 PM