( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions from uvms
Mike, Dylan, Angela, Alena
post May 11 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Dear Patty,
How are you? What food do you eat aboard the healy? When do you think you will arrive to your destination? How thick is the ice you have encountered so far? Does anyone aboard the ship fish? Is it difficult to live on a ship for a long time? Does anyone get sea sick? In your journy have you seen any other ships? When you were in alaska did u learn any other languages or hear them? Did you see shipmates do any jobs on the ship for example cleaning the deck? Sorry for all the questions we are very curious blink.gif !

Sincerly,
Mike, Dylan, Angela, and Alena =D
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Patricia_Janes
post May 16 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 24

I eat foods very similar to the food in your cafeteria: Things like hamburgers, chicken, salad, etc. The ship does not really have a true "destination." Its only destination is to sail around the Bering Sea to collect scientific data. The ice is very thick in spots. No one onboard fishes. It is difficult to live on a ship for a long time. Although the ship is large, there is no getting off!! We have not seen any other ships since we've been out here (since May 7). I heard several Inuit languages while I was in Alaska. They sound very different from English. Yes, I have seen the crewmembers cleaning the ship. Their cleaning days are Wednesdays and Saturdays.
-Patty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:49 PM