IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> the candel ice story
Esparza
post Sep 14 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

B)FONT=Impact]hey ms. pierce i liked the story even though i didnt know what you were talking about but the way you described things it sounded cool. [/COLOR]and i like candels thats how it cought my attention well idk what else to say but it was a good story
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Leslie_Pierce
post Sep 18 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 7

Hi Bea,

I'm glad you liked reading about the candle ice. Here's a little bit of explanation that I gave to Tim. He asked the same question that you did. Hope it helps! If not, ask me again in class some day!

Ms Pierce

QUOTE(Leslie_Pierce @ Sep 17 2005, 11:50 PM)
Hi Tim,

The ice on the lake was melting and it was no longer one continuous sheet of us.  Instead, channels of melt water had formed vertically through the sheet, separating the sheet into long pieces of ice about the size of a candle.  As these pieces of ice moved against each other they made a "tinkling" sound.  The wind moved the ice towards the shore, pushing the sheet of "candles" of ice up onto the shore.  In the pictures, you can see some of the "candles" of ice that have fallen over.

Ask me more questions in class.  It might be easier to tell you about it in person!

I'm glad you liked the story! 
Ms Pierce

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:48 AM