( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> geology
Susan
post Jul 19 2005, 05:39 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

oddo -

I have been checking out all your postings. Certainly sounds like a pretty amazing trip you've arranged for yourself. Sounds like the conditions are pretty unlike anyplace else. I can't imagine being at that latitude. How long are the days now? Does the sun truly set at all or is there always a faint glow?

It's great that you're so connected electronically. Sounds like it would be a pretty isolated little community otherwise.

So what kind of rocks are up there? Metamorphic or sedimentary I guess, maybe in the lake - fill me in!

Have a great time!
Susan Mitchell
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Robert_Oddo
post Jul 21 2005, 08:59 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 8

Hey Susan,
This is a really cool place with a lot of cool science going on here. Staying at this field station at the end of the world right now hauling equipment up to field site. Its the most awesome experience. We are trying to calibrate sediment cores by making all kinds of measurements. We have sediment traps set, data loggers have measured temperatures all winter and now its time to download data and working up on the glacier with ablation stakes.. Mostly working with sedimentary rocks. Awesome raised beaches. Thanks for the questions
Oddo
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:36 PM