( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr. Crummmm
Rachael Landry
post Jun 15 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Mr. Crum!

I hope you're having a good time in Alaska. I was just wondering if your tent had heating. It must be pretty cold over there, and I hope you're keeping warm. I was also curious as to how long your trek will last. Have fun looking for polar bears and/or penguins and let me and Christine know when you find any.

-Rachael
PS Did you have a hard time driving to Alaska considering it's an island? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_Crumrine
post Jun 15 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 9

Rachel,

Thinking Alaska is an island is a mistake that anyone could make smile.gif I flew into Fairbanks so I never really even confirmed that it is or is not an island. Some day I'll have to drive in to prove it to myself.

My tent (weatherport) does have a little space heater but I didn't use it last night. I was glad to finally be a little cold after the heat in Concord and then the heat in Fairbanks. The weatherport is about the size of the prep room (10x10ft) and the walls are made of a canvas like material that is a bit thicker than more portable tents. There is a wood floor so I actually have a bed. There is a dresser too but I have just dumped all of my stuff on the floor--some things you never grow out of no matter how old you are.

Have a great summer and come by and see the pictures next year,

Mr. C.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:32 PM