IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lido
GM Suz
post May 29 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Kevin. We have just gotten back from Lido. It was 93 degrees F We are heading to Ted's for a Memorial Day cookout. I am loving the journal and the questions and answers. Paula and I are going to MOSI in Tampa to see the dead body exhibit/ I will get back to you on that. Can eyelids and or eyes freeze? I saw the frost on your eyelids... GM Suz cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kevin_McMahon
post May 29 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 25

Hi Suz. I am glad you are enjoying the 93 degree F weather. It has been -20 degrees Celsius here today for most of the day (around -5.8 degreees Farenheit). It was so warm that I played a game of horseshoes before dinner!

I have heard stories of eyes freezing. The frost you saw on my eyes was actually from the water vapor in my breath. Once it hit a cold surface, it turned to frost. When I wake up some mornings, I have frost around my sleeping bag for the same reason. However, I don't think I am in any danger of my eyes or eyelids freezing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Bob R.
post May 30 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE(Kevin_McMahon @ May 29 2006, 09:29 PM) *

Hi Suz. I am glad you are enjoying the 93 degree F weather. It has been -20 degrees Celsius here today for most of the day (around -5.8 degreees Farenheit). It was so warm that I played a game of horseshoes before dinner!

I have heard stories of eyes freezing. The frost you saw on my eyes was actually from the water vapor in my breath. Once it hit a cold surface, it turned to frost. When I wake up some mornings, I have frost around my sleeping bag for the same reason. However, I don't think I am in any danger of my eyes or eyelids freezing.
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:54 AM