( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some Information about the projekt
Christiane and Nadine from Germa
post Aug 18 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi,
we are from the Goethe Grammar-school in Reichenbach/Germany. Our English teacher Ms. Tröger told us about your projekt, but we are not really shure what you are doing on the North Pole.
We read some Information on the website about the tour and the "ship".
Because of our summer-holiday we could´t write earlier and now we are a little bit angry about the weather here in Germany, because for august it´s cold and rainy. But you haven´t a normal summer too, what temperature do you have at the moment? Another question, stand your husband or your children with you on the North Pole? If they have the chance to do this in their holiday, we hope they like it, because will be an adventure for them.
Okay, we hope we will hear something from you. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ute_Kaden
post Aug 18 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 10

allo liebe Schueler,

The science cruise I am on is called HOTRAX (Healy- Oden Trans arctic crossing). We have researchers from 9 different countries on board. There are 3 main research projects, seismic (mapping of the ocean floor), coring (getting sediments from the ocean floor) and ice observation. The overarching goal is to better understand the changes in the arctic. The arctic interacts in complex and significant ways with global climate systems. It contains historical information about past climates – a window to the present. Models suggest climate change will be detected and amplified in the Polar Regions first. My job on board is educational outreach. I try to get as much information as possible to the public about our cruise, especially to students like you. It may be of interest to you to know that we have two High School students from Norway on board.

My family is at home in Texas. They start school on Monday.

Viele Gruesse von der USCGC Healy, 78N

Ute Kaden
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 PM