> HOW TO USE THIS PAGE, A guide for students, parents & visitors
Tom_Crumrine
post Aug 30 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #1

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 9

A guide to this site for students, parents and visitors

Welcome. If you are a student in one of my classes this year or a parent of one of my students I hope that you will find this site a usefull tool for learning more about biology and ecology.

This site is provided by the Arctic Research Consortium of the United States. They recently organized my trip to Alaska to study long term ecological research in the tundra. During this year they will continue to maintain this site for the benefit of my classes. There are many useful parts to this site and I encourage you to explore and ask questions. The only bad question is one that goes unasked so please do not be shy.

Summary of Site Parts

Teacher's Journal--This section contains about 30 posts detailing my time working with scientists in Alaska. They are listed in reverse order so just check the date if you want to get the chronolgy right. During this year this journal will be used to follow the work of Biology II classes and track their experiences with long term ecological research. Please explore past entries and look for new ones to come. Also please post questions if you have them. The only bad question is one that goes unasked.

Photographs--These are just a sampling of the pictures that I took in Alaska. As this year continues there will be more related to the work of students at CHS. If you want to check them out quickly there is a slide show option.

Experiments and Activities--This will contain work or extra problems for students to do. Students will be informed ahead of time if they need to look in this area for work to do.

Ask the Teacher or Researcher--This is an additional space where you can post questions about the work in Alask or, as time goes on, the work happening with Bio II students. This would be a great spot for parents and visitors to check in and see how the year is progressing.

I hope that this explains a little of how the site works. One thing to remember is that THIS SITE IS PUBLIC SO PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE WHEN USING IT

Thanks for checking in,
Mr. C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:00 PM