Reply to this topicStart new topic
> greenland
Algerica R
post May 25 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

unsure.gif Mr.McMahon why did u leave us
its no fun with out u
Are u having fun ? Have you say a polor bear yet? Are there any pingenes down there? blink.gif
Do u have more hair yet ? Did your hair freeze?java script:emoticon(':lol:', 'smid_9')[color=#3366FF]
Do u go play in the snow? Have u seen the ice crack and have u seen anyone fall in the cracks?java script:emoticon(':lol:', 'smid_9') Are u ready to caome back 2 school? Do u miss being hot or do u like being cold? Do u have tvs or a radio? Do u get loney or miss your wife? Are u coming back next year?
biggrin.gif Tomorrow is the last day of school!!!!!!! Hope u have fun 4 the summer!!!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kevin_McMahon
post May 26 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 25

Wow, Algerica. You have so many good questions. I will try to answer them all.

I am having fun but I miss you all too. I have not seen a polar bear. We shouldn't see any while we are here but they live in Greenland.

Did you know that penguins are only found south of the equator? Since Greenland is north of the equator, we will not see any here.

As for my hair, I do not have more yet. Some of the pictures make it look like I have even less hair. The little bit of hair I have has not frozen yet.

We have been so busy that we haven't played in the snow yet. However, we do have a volleyball court in the snow and we are going to try to play snow volleyball tomorrow. I am not joking!!!

I have not seen any cracks. The snow and ice under our camp is about 2 miles deep so it is unlikely that it will crack here.

We don't have a radio that plays music. We have radios that are like walkie talkies so we can talk to each other from different parts of the camp. We do have a tv but we don't get any reception up here to watch tv shows. Some nights, people will watch movies that are on VCR tapes or DVDs. I have been too tired at night to watch them.

I will be back at school in August. I hope to see you then and talk to you about my trip. In the meantime, keep reading my journals.!

I do miss my family. It is hard for them when there is one less person to help out around the house. My family is really nice to have let me go on this trip.

Finally, I am enjoying the cold right now. Even though the temperature is low, it doesn't seem that cold since I am wearing the right clothes. I'm sure after being in Greenland for three weeks that I will be looking forward to the hot Atlanta summer. Have a great summer. Bye.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM