( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey how are you???
Carrie
post May 23 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Dear Lee,
Hi, i was wondering if you eat normal food on the boat, and what you do in your spare time. please get back to me with the answers, sincerely, Carrie Benton
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lee_Cooper
post May 23 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #2

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 34

Dear Carrie,

Thanks for writing. Yes, I just eat the normal food that everyone else eats on the ship. It's a little different than what I cook for our family at home, but I think on the whole, it is really good. The boat was loaded in Seattle, so we don't have a lot of fresh vegetables left, but we still have some fresh fruit that stores well like apples, grapefruit, organges and kiwi fruit. We have three meals a day and one late night meal and we can have a lot of the same things you can have at home.

I actually don't end up having a lot of spare time. I am helping to manage all of the science operations for 12 hours each day, and I usually work an hour or two more in addition to that trying to get large files off the ship by the internet late at night or helping the other 12 hour shift get started or finish up. So by the time I get back to my room after midnight, I am pretty tired and rest some. I do have some books aboard that I am reading, and I also have a camera and we have had some beautiful warm sunny days with lots of walrus on the ice to take pictures of.

There are movies and games and stuff like that to do, but it's such a great opportunity to come out here and do the work we are doing, that to be honest, if I have spare time, I am trying to figure out what else I should be doing.

I hope that is helpful.

Thanks for writing, Lee Cooper
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:48 PM