IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TREC expedition?
Kelly
post Jun 21 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Why did you decide to go on this TREC expedition, instead of doing something else this summer? How was the weather while you were there the first time, and was it during the summer like this one is?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Misty_Nikula_Ohlsen
post Jun 21 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 31

Kelly
Well, I didn't really decide to do this TREC as much as I was asked by the people at ARCUS, so this is the one that I had an option to do. I'm very excited about it though, because it combines so many different kinds of science as well as ship board and land based science time. I have done science on ship before as well as land - so that is good - and I LOVE all kinds of science so doing anthropology, achaeology, volcanology, tsunami research, etc is all very exciting!

My first TREC trip was to Barrow, Alaska in 2004. You can look at is through this link:
Barrow, AK Virtual Base Camp Link

The weather there was typically cold, but not freezing. It did snow just one morning. It was often sunny, but then might get foggy really quick. A couple of days it was near 70! The weather was very changeable. Sunny, foggy, raining, chilly, windy, warm. It was different everyday and we had to be prepared for it!

I'll tell you how the weather in the Kurils compares next month!
Mrs. N-O
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 AM