IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

> santa, question
Manuel Saldivar
post Sep 29 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

smile.gif I am 8 1/2 years old and I go to Russell Elementary in the 3rd grade. I saw you standing next to Santa's mailbox and I would like to know if you saw Santa. I think you are very brave to go all the way to the North Pole.
Your friend,
Manuel
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Ute_Kaden
post Oct 10 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Manuel Saldivar @ Sep 29 2005, 12:05 AM)
smile.gif I am 8 1/2 years old and I go to Russell Elementary in the 3rd grade.  I saw you standing next to Santa's mailbox and I would like to know if you saw Santa. I think you are very brave to go all the way to the North Pole.
Your friend,
Manuel

Hi Manuel,
Thank you so much for your mail. Sorry that I could not answer earlier. When the ship is so far North we cannot read the Internet.
Yes, I saw Santa at the North Pole (Thus, he looked a bit like one of our coast guard members).
You are right; going to the North Pole is an adventure and a brave thing to do. It was that for the extraordinary early polar researchers as well as it is for us today. Believe me, there are many things in the Arctic and on Earth that are not explored, yet! The ice, I was standing on at the North Pole, nobody had touched it before. The sediments we retrieved from the ocean floor had never been seen by anybody else before. Young people like you are needed in science to explore the unknown, to collect data, to find out how we can live with nature and protected our Earth.
Tell your teacher, that I would love to come to Russel Elementary to talk to you about the North Pole.
Best regards,
Ute
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:38 AM