IPB

( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The first of us is underway!
Maggie Kane
post May 5 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi Sam and Patty! I have thought of you both so much over the past 24 hours as I imagine you getting onboard the Healy and getting settled. I can't wait to read your entries and show my students just what it is all about. rolleyes.gif I'll be checking in daily!! -Maggie
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Patty
post May 5 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE(Maggie Kane @ May 5 2006, 04:32 AM) *

Hi Sam and Patty! I have thought of you both so much over the past 24 hours as I imagine you getting onboard the Healy and getting settled. I can't wait to read your entries and show my students just what it is all about. rolleyes.gif I'll be checking in daily!! -Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for checking in with us! It's been great so far. Yesterday Sam and I landed in Dutch Harbor. What an amazing place. I've never seen anything like it. It is a maze of snow-capped volcanic islands with harbors and inlets all around.

It looks like we'll be spending one more night here before boarding the Healy though, because the ship was called back to perform a Search and Rescue. I look forward to hearing from you and your students again!

Best,
Patty
+Quote Post
Sam Barlow
post May 5 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Oh, Maggie, thanks so much for already following us! We are still in Dutch Harbor and we don't have the wireless connection that our hotel says it has. We are speed typing at the public library with a time limit on our internet usage.

We won't board the ship until Sunday due to a delay from a search and rescue mission. The boat had to turn around in transit from Seattle to Dutch in order to save a sailboater. We probably won't be able to post our new journals and photos until Sunday or Monday.

Take care and thanks for cheering for us!
Love,
Sam
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:27 PM