( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TREC trip
Mahina
post Jun 20 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hullo,
How do you think that the eqipment on the Gipanis will compare to the eqipment aboard the Carlyn?

What exactly will you be studying? The water, land volcanoes...?

Have you seen all of the equipment yet? When you do- which one is your favorite and why?

HOPE UR PHSYCHED!!! laugh.gif [size=7]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Misty_Nikula_Ohlsen
post Jun 21 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 31

Mahina
I do not know yet what kind of equipment that we will have on the Gipanis. I think that most of the equipment that we have we will bring over ourselves. I know that we will need to have lots of sample bags for soils samples and artefacts, etc. Plus shovels, ropes and things to make the trenches and sample sites. I will definitely make an inventory and take pictures when we get there so that I can tell you about them. Look for more in a future post!
We will mostly be studying the land while we are in the Kurils - trying to find out how and where the people lived and what sorts of volcanic and tsunami events have happened in the past. So it is like a detective case. This is the first year that the scientists will be collecting samples and then they will come back for the next two years to do more sampling and studies.
I will certainly tell you more about your particular questions when I get there and learn more! Check back!
Mrs. N
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:51 AM