( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> checking in
Terri Kirby Hathaway
post May 10 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi Sam:

I've been enjoying your journal and keeping up with what you're seeing and doing. I hope you're staying warm enough!

Pat Murphy, who is the Dive Safety Officer at the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island, did a tour on the Healy. I dropped him an email to tell him about you being on the Healy for a month. He asked that you please say hello from him to the Captain, Dan Oliver, who is a very good friend of Murph's.

In fact, Murph just received an invitation to the change of command which will take place in Dutch Harbor when you return.

Small world, isn't it?

Have a blast and learn lots to share with your students!

Love,
Terri
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Samantha_Dassler_Barlow
post May 15 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 23

Hi Terri! It is great to hear from you. I will pass along the hello from Murph to Captain Oliver. The Healy will be having a change of command when we return to Dutch. Many people are very sad about Captain Oliver leaving the Healy. Everyone says he is a great captain and has been an awesome leader. I am glad to have been able to take a cruise under his lead. It is a very small world from the standpoint of the people you meet and know, but out here on the ocean it seems like a huge world. We have not seen land on the horizon since we were in Dutch Harbor. Thanks so much for writing and for sharing my expedition with others. It makes me so happy to hear from the large following we have for this cruise.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:44 PM