( Log In ) Log In is for TREC Teachers & Researchers only

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks
Tina, Karlsruhe, Germany
post Oct 2 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi Ute,

thanks for the wonderful "live" coverage of your trip into the ice.
By now you should have made it to Norway. Probably you feel weird walking on solid land after two months on the ship. rolleyes.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful pictures, the stories and the scientific explanations about the work onboard. Thanks for letting me see the Arctic through your eyes. It was terrific.

Hope you are in for some warm weather now. Have a save trip back to Brownsville and enjoy your family and students.

See you in Brownsville or Germany,

Tina
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ute_Kaden
post Oct 10 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #2

TREC Teacher

Group: TREC Team
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Tina @ Karlsruhe, Germany,Oct 2 2005, 06:28 AM)
Hi Ute,

thanks for the wonderful "live" coverage of your trip into the ice.
By now you should have made it to Norway. Probably you feel weird walking on solid land after two months on the ship.  rolleyes.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful pictures, the stories and the scientific explanations about the work onboard. Thanks for letting me see the Arctic through your eyes. It was terrific.

Hope you are in for some warm weather now. Have a save trip back to Brownsville and enjoy your family and students.

See you in Brownsville or Germany,

Tina

Hi Tina,
Yes, I am back in Brownsville, TX. Leaving the big, red ship in Tromso was not easy. HEALY, my home for two months, all the friends, scientific discoveries and the moments of awe in the Arctic … Those memories will be with me forever. I am glad that my journal functioned as a bridge between us in the Arctic and you all at home. I big thank you to the people and organizations that made the trip possible. I will do my best to share my experiences with our students at Hanna HS and our community. Science discovery, the very interesting work of the coast guard, the ship HEALY , the ecology of the Arctic region, all topics to engage our young people. If I could I would love to teach a semester Physics on the HEALY taking students with me. Besides physics one could teach English, Math and all other subjects including how to work as a team on the ship. I guarantee we would have new scientists, engineers and coast guard members in no time. You see, I think of new possibilities already. Let’s go and leave those small, isolated classrooms! I know, I am dreaming- maybe not! One thing a trip like this does for teachers is renewing the spirit and believe that teaching the young people is the most important and rewarding task one can have.
Best regards,
Ute
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tina
post Oct 10 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Good to know you are home safe and sound. biggrin.gif
Even with this high tech equipment a jorney to the pole is not free of risks. dry.gif

And keep thinking about new possibilities.
You know:
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." Les Brown
cool.gif
and:
"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit." Helen Keller

Greetings,
Tina
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- NSF Acknowledgment & Disclaimer Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:11 PM